Which rulesets and systems would you like to use in Astral?

One of our goals with our upcoming V2 experience is to be “system agnostic” — meaning, you can run any tabletop RPG ruleset and system with Astral! We’re big D&D fans here and it inspired much of what we created for V1, but we want to be a tool that all GMs can use. With that said, we’d love to hear more about which rulesets and systems you plan to use for your upcoming games! Let us know what you think by commenting below and we’ll be sure to take your ideas into account when concocting new features for you. :slight_smile:

Starfinder!
Pathfinder 1e!
Pathfinder 2e!

5 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile:

Shadowrun
FATE
GURPS

3 Likes

Warhammer 40K RPGs like Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and Black Crusade. Which, conveniently all use the same basic mechanics and rules. No VTT outside of GM Forge supports 40K RPGs and trying to play them with VTTs limiting you to a D20 system is pretty tough. There is an extremely high demand for a VTT to support this system, yet no one has really cashed in on that yet. We’re out here, we have money, the hobby demands it! :wink:

4 Likes

Stars Without Number
Savage Worlds
The Expanse RPG
Delta Green
Fragged Empire
The One Ring
The Witcher

8 Likes

A system where you didn’t have to import the rules

7 Likes

Pathfinder First Edition

1 Like

Great point! It’s on our radar! :slight_smile:

Stars Without Number
Coriolis

4 Likes

Thank you for going the system agnostic route! As much as I like D&D it is nice to have a VTT that is not designed around the 900# gorilla of gaming. Last VTT I used was so D&D 5e centric that you could not change map squares from 5’ to 10’ to accomodate older pre-existing maps (and their support asked me why I would want to change it from the 5e standard when I contacted them).

Here are the ones I’d like to see.

• Classic Traveller / Mongoose Traveller 1e
  • Champions or the basic Hero System Rules
  • Gamma World
  • Previous D&D versions (not everyone jumped on the 5e bandwagon)
4 Likes

D&D 3.5 please please please!

2 Likes

Not if you keep buying minis you don’t

^^ Heresy. This post is full of heresy.

Astral looks great so far but it’d be awesome to see the rulesets for both Trail of Cthulhu and Shadow Of The Demon Lord added :grinning:

3 Likes

I’d like to see the ability for custom/homebrew systems.

5 Likes

@icehawke, if you run any custom/homebrew games on Astral, let us know how they go for you! We’re focusing on System Agnosticism, so we also want to support any type of custom/homebrew systems.

I would suggest the older D&D editions along with the various retro clones and various others such as

Basic Fantasy RPG
BECMI
AD&D 1e and 2e
Marvel systems (Faserip, Saga, etc)
Mutant and Masterminds
OVA

I’ve been working on building a “Gaslands” (vehicle miniature battle tabletop game) on Roll20 and would like to build it here on this VTT. The sheet is part of what is needed as the game uses templates which can be imported as graphics for it’s movement and weapon ranges.

Gaslands would need the ability to create custom dice also as it uses d6 dice with custom facings. It has a shift, hazard, spin, and slide faces along with a standard d6.

3 Likes

games Powered by the Apocalypse
13th Age
InSpectres
Eclipse Phase

The Year Zero Engine by Fria Ligan:

Forbidden Lands
Coriolis
Mutant Year Zero
Tales From the Loop
(all the other games they’re working on!)

2 Likes