True two way linking to stats for the multiple health bars

First off, let me start out by saying that I understand that this is already on the roadmap. I’m just posting this for the sake of conversation and discussion about how we might like to see this implemented.

So, I like the fact that you can fill in the values for the health bars with stats, but they are not linked at this point. If I create a template NPC in the Conan system with bars for Vigor, Wounds, Resolve and Trauma, changing those values on the sheet when I customize it to be a particular character won’t change the values in the health bars. Similarly, if I have Vigor and MaxVigor as two stats, I can use these to assign the values for the Vigor health bar, but if I subtract 3 from the Vigor bar, the Vigor stat does not change. In short, while we can use stats to assign the value to a health bar, it would be much more useful if we could have the health bar actually linked to the stat such that changes to one affect the other, and vice versa.

I’d love to see this implemented with the Feature Request for Reactive Sheet Elements. That way checkboxes on a character sheet, like Conan, Infinity and others that use checkboxes to indicate those values, would change to represent the current value as well.

2 Likes