Tiny Map Editing Area

I’m sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but I’ve been looking around and can’t find any information. I’m trying to work on editing a map but with the map sidebar and asset sidebar open, I can literally only see a tiny part of my map. Is there a way to hide the sidebars or something so I can see the whole map?

Hi @Calabasa94

There is a Feature Request for hiding the edit and asset bars during map editing, but it hasn’t been implemented as yet.

You can zoom in and out on the map for a better overview.

Thank you very much. I guess I’ll have to wait until that gets implemented in order for Astral to be usable for me. Disappointing. :pensive:

@Calabasa94

In the mean time you can do what I do on my tiny laptop screen. Set your browser zoom to 80%.

3 Likes

Hi @Calabasa94, LaMorte has a great suggestion there, one that’s used by most of the regulars. Zooming out on the browser window (not the map) frees up a ton of space. We’re working on a better solution here, but it’s still in it’s infancy.

In the meantime, if you are a Chrome user, try using CTRL+Mousewheel to zoom the browser out. It’ll look like this:

Also, it helps to fullscreen Astral after you find your preferred zoom level. The intended use is for Astral to be fullscreen.

I hope this helps!