Tags and searching

While some will use tagging, others may find it tedious, however with that said it seems that there needs to be a better way for searching than completely relying solely on the file name, so it seems that having tags would be one good solution.

1. As a user of PowerVTT, I would like to be able to select multiple items in My Vault and be able to tag them, rename them, or delete them.

2. As a user of PowerVTT, I would like to be able to search by tags while using the Map Editor.

I’ll say it again, I really enjoy the user stories :slight_smile:

I believe another user also requested a way to better organize the vault and this will go hand-in-hand with that request.

Character Sheets will be coming in the next months and so figuring out how to organize everything will be a crucial feature to figure out. Tags, folders, and the ability to drag/drop between everything seamlessly is something I will strive to create.

Thinking about it now, keywords actually already exist in code and when you purchase assets I import the tags as well, but that’s pretty useless if they’re not exposed to you so thank you again for requesting! These have been added to the backlog!

@Korav

Quick update, story #2 is ready for next release. I expect to work out a really early version of asset management as well, letting you select multiple assets and tag or delete them.

I most likely won’t be able to make this system perfect (yet) but it should at least let you improve your workflow a lot. We can expand in future updates.

Next biggest priority will be folders and letting you folks manage things that way.

@Korav Hopefully will have another release in the coming days but I wanted to show off the first look at what tagging could be. Fairly easy to add/remove tags. Clicking either “Add tag” or “Remove tag” brings up a little input box to type a keyword in (auto-completed, multiple choice) so you can add/remove multiple in one shot.

This looks really good, nice improvement!