Password Validation & Reset Option

In my attempts to login to the forum (and not realising that I needed two seperate accounts!) I logged out of the PowerVTT app and I’m struggling to log back in - I think I may have typo’d my password when entering it.

• It might be a good idea to have a second password entry field or a ‘reveal password’ button when signing up so as to avoid people like me making silly mistakes.

• It would be good to have an in-app ‘I forgot my password’ option - right now I’m locked out of my account due to too many tries at guessing my own typo.

Slight update - worked out the password. Personal issues aside though, my feedback suggestions still stand!

@heathyboyj Hello :wave: and welcome to the community!

I am so sorry you had troubles with accounts. I need to make it way more obvious that the forum and the application use two different logins, you are not the first to run into this problem.

Excellent suggestion! To be clear on why a password reset does not exist, it was so low on priority that I never had a chance to complete it. With that though, it’s absolutely necessary and I’ve bumped it up on the priority list to make it into a near-future version.

Thank you for the great suggestions!

Follow-up: Do you need help resetting the account password in the meantime? I can unlock you manually if you have been locked out. Sorry about that!

Best,
Tom

I managed to get the right password, so I got back in - which means I’ll be able to fire more feature requests and bug reports your way! Thanks for the offer though.

Loving the beta so far, and already eyeing up a few asset packs. Looking forward to seeing what else you’ve got in the works for it!

@heathyboyj Great to hear! :slight_smile: Report away and let me know if I can make anything easier for you!

If you haven’t already seen it, I wrote a “short” update on the plans for the next few months: Weekly Update 1

I always welcome your thoughts!

Best,
Tom

@heathyboyj Quick update that reset password is implemented and will be included in the next release. Thank you again for the feedback!

Hope you’re enjoying Power VTT so far!

@tom amazing, thanks :smiley: