New user Compendiums issue

Trying to upload the CP Red book to my game so we can all use it. I have the latest version in PDF format from DrivethruRPG but I cant upload it.

What am I doing wrong or is it just because it’s file size is too big ?

Thanks

Hi @Hyriu33 and welcome to the Forums.

Firstly, what you are trying to do is illegal, so I wouldn’t recommend that you do it.

Secondly it is very likely that the PDF is too big.

1 Like

How is it Illegal I own the book both in PDF and in Print form ?

Hi @Hyriu33.

It would be illegal because you would be sharing copyrighted material. What you own is the right to use that material for your personal uses, likely with some limited permission granted to make copies. While Astral is a virtual tabletop, from a legal standpoint, there is a difference between having a book at a real tabletop and sharing it with the other players who are there vs. uploading a PDF copy of the book to share with other players in you Astral game.

The limited copying license that most of these books grant may give you a way to do what you want. Namely, you could extract the pages from the PDF that are pertinent to your game, and share only those pages. (Please not that I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, and to fully understand what you are and are not allowed to do, legally, you should consult with an attorney).

Hi @Hyriu33

If you bought a computer game, would that make it legal for you to give copies of that game to your friends?