Just a short tutorial on importing from hexkit and matching grid size.
This tutorial uses a 20x20 hex kit export. Grid pixel size is about 179 pixels for a 20x20 (this number was determined by opening the export and seeing how many pixels wide it was) . I just use this number to get us to a close starting point.
- Set grid snap to off while aligning
- Set a bright background color
- Set a grid color that is easy to see…this may mean bright red etc…
- Create your new map
- Adjust your starting grid settings based on my advice
- Import the Hex Kit Image
- Align the hex in the top corner (it doesn’t have to be the first hex on the grid)
- Zoom out and stretch the import using the right horizontal handle until the hexes match width.
- Zoom out and stretch the import using bottom vertical handled until the hexes match height.
- lock your background image to prevent further movement/sizing
That should be it…remember it doesn’t have to be perfect…but 99% is quick and easy to do.