How To Let One Account Control Multiple Characters

Last night I had a session zero for my Curse of Strahd campaign. This will be the first time I’ve run a CoS game on a VTT but I did a short campaign on Astral before so I know the basics.

One of the accounts in my game is actually 3 people, it’s a husband, wife and eldest son on the large screen tv in their living room (we use discord which they have through their surround sound).

Yet it’s three characters trying to be used as one user logged in. I try to assign the character sheets and token (5e) to them, but they can only open up the husbands, even if they click on all the other tokens and try to open their sheets. Again I assigned them all to the same account.

Is there something I’m doing wrong here? I need to be able to allow 3 people to play on the same account. What do I do? Thanks!

Having multiple characters assigned to the same account is no problem, but you’ll need to switch between them from the player menu on the bottom left. I believe Ctrl+Enter also works as a keyboard shortcut

1 Like

Yes. They have to use the Switch Character option from the player menu and choose the next character sheet.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I appreciate it! I’ll try to get it worked out!