Hello; forgive me if this isn’t the right place to post this.
I’m migrating over from the Roll20 virtual tabletop following a fiasco regarding it that you may’ve already heard about. Astral seems nice, and I’m in the process of migrating over my campaign, but I wanted to ask for clarification on a few things that I couldn’t find the answers to with googling and about an hour of fiddling with the interface.
These aren’t feature requests; just me wanting to know if it’s a thing.
- Is there a way to house multiple player “tokens” on separate maps, and switch the players between maps while I’m on a different one? That way, a setup could be made for the tokens and I could make changes to maps before I switch to them, as I tend to get picky when a big moment is coming up.
- Does Astral have a “jukebox” feature - i.e. a way to play sounds or music? I’ve used music and sounds to enhance the atmosphere of my sessions, and my players all agree that it’s welcome, but I haven’t found any such thing with a little looking. If it’s not available, that’s okay - there are websites for that kinda thing.
- Is it possible to have multiple tokens for a single NPC character, or do I need to duplicate the character for each one?
- Can you rearrange items, features, etc. in character sheets?
- Can you sort handouts, characters, etc. using subfolders?
- Is it possible to restrict visibility of items in compendiums, or only full compendiums, so that entries could be prepared in advance and revealed as they come?
- Can images be embedded in a handout?
That’s all for now. Thank you for your time! I’ve been running this campaign for about 4 months, so I’m invested enough that I want to try to maintain as close to the experience that players have had as I can.