Help on how to code ORE (One Roll Engine) Rolls

I am hoping someone might be able to help me figure out how to code out rolls for the One Roll Engine use din games such as Godlike, Wild Talents, and Reign.

It’s a d10 dice pool system (from 2-10 dice per roll), where the rolled results of the dice are grouped by matching number sets.

So if I roll 6 dice and get 1, 3, 3, 8, 8, 8 I would need the result to format to show the 2 3s and the 3 8s as separate grouped results. Keep in mind these sets are not totalled. They are read as groups. So I need to be able to see how many grouped sets I have as well as how many are in the set, and the number on the grouped dice(in the game these are referred to “height” for the number on the die, and “Width” for the amount in the set, but do not have to be labelled as such in the results). The non-set dice can be grouped in their own group as for outside character creation they don’t matter.

There’s also a mechanic where you can choose what you roll on one of more dice before the roll, as well as a mechanic where one or more dice automatically roll a 10.

Any help would be appreciated.

I experimented with this a while ago, never finished the template, but for dice rolls I went with Unicode symbols e.g. !(5d[❶,❷,❸,❹,❺,❻,❼,❽,❾,❿])

Hi @Tensen01

Use the Match flag, e.g. !(10d10m2) will match at least 2 die that match values.

You still need to mouse over the result to see the matches but Astral does a good job of showing the groups rolled.