Gameplay Thoughts/Questions (Attacks/Maps/etc)

So far I’m really, really enjoying Astraltabletop. Unlike most folks, I think, I ventured over here from FantasyGrounds rather than Roll20. I’m mostly here because FG gives me constant connection issues. But it took me less than an hour to fall in love with Astral, and we plan on playing our first game with it this weekend if all goes well.

However, there are some thoughts I’d like to offer, and a couple of questions.

-Attacking - Is there a way to attack another individual directly, and for your initial roll to determine whether it was a hit or miss? And then, afterward, is there a way for the damage to come directly out of their HP? This was a feature of FG that my players and I really, really loved. Drag and drop an attack on a player, and if it hit, roll damage, nothing beyond that was done.

-Effect tokens - I’d really like to create some of my own tokens, including a series of “effects” that my players can use if they feel like enhancing their gameplay experiences. What would be fantastic is if, when a certain attack or spell is used, it automatically creates a temporary tiny symbol on top of a character’s icon that can be moved or deleted by the player. Ideally, I would give “permissions” for certain users to manipulate images if the above could not be accomplished, that would give them access to a “Campaign Vault” where all of our special little effects would live. (I have a dwarf who constantly sets things on fire, and a huge amount of laughter and joy comes when, after he tells me what he intends to set aflame, I place a giant flame symbol on top of it. I can do that now, but if my players could have access to certain effect images, I think that would introduce a very unique level of fun.)

-I really enjoy the feature that allows us to add a description to our attacks. All of my players love to roleplay and any addition that lets them personalize their experience is welcome.

-Ultimately, I am happy as the game currently stands, even in it’s simplicity. I hope it develops much further, because if it does, I really can’t see any contender outside of physical round-table DND. I think a few minor tweaks would make this GM a very happy lady, and anything further would be beyond wonderful.

-I plan on setting up my account here soon for a sub before my trial runs out, but I do have one quesion - do all my players have to have the same level subscription as me?

Hey @Anka,

Thanks for reaching out! Firstly, my sincere apologies that this had gone unnoticed for so long! This will change moving forward. The Astral Team is most active in Discord, and any requests or reports sent in via the bugs/feedback submission forms on our site generally receive a response within 24 hours. That being said, threads on our forums shouldn’t go unnoticed for months at a time.

Thanks so much, we’re glad you are liking what you see! Gosh, I gotta say I love these suggestions as well. We actually have a feedback and suggestion button on the site, so any time you think “I wish I had this”, please by all means, throw it over to us in real time when it’s still fresh in your mind! We are building the site based on your suggestions and feedback. We want Astral to be the best experience for absolutely everyone. Feedback like this helps us do just that!

To answer the question about subscriptions, Players will not have the same subscription level as the GM. However, since the GM is the one who controls the content, assets, effects, and features, any pro subscription content or effects will be seen from the players perspective while controlled by the GM.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do!

Best,
James