For Gold & Glory (2E OSR)
2 page template with auto calculation for many elements, multi-class up to 2 classes). Flexible for custom classes and kits. Designed to support characters up to level 20. AD&D 2E compatible.
For Gold & Glory TM and FG&G TM are trademarks of Justen Brown. This work is not affiliated with Justen Brown.
General text layout:
Purple text is for player editing
Blue text is clickable to execute a roll for action or send report to chat.
Black and White text should not be edited unless an auto-calculation override is needed, note that this has not been tested in all instances.
Rules as written have been followed to accommodate as many gamers as possible. Editing may be used to customize for specific rule variations and or house rules. There may be times when terms such as proficiency is used rather than skill…this is purely due to familiarity at my table and is not intended to deviate from rules are written. Where there are any deviations or conflicts they are noted below.
Compromises had to be made in the creation of the sheet due to Astral limitations. Many of these elements will display and work better as Astral progresses and design changes can be made. When in doubt I erred on the side of having players not edit actions and rather edit stats used by the action instead. This sheet is SLOW due to the sheer volume of calculations, it may not be fully optimized but attempts have been made to do so when possible. Feedback is encouraged to determine which automatons/calculations could be added. Feedback is also desired on automatons/calculations which can be removed in order to speed up performance of the sheet. At some point a “light” high performance sheet may be released without many of the automatons. Also for consideration would be a release where weapons and skill/proficiency descriptions/titles are removed and action links are expanded to cover this function (provided your table is comfortable with players manually editing the name and display tabs of the actions themselves. I plan to add a languages section to page 2. I am considering removing as many as 8 to 10 weapon skill/proficiency slots in order to make room for an ammunition section for missile weapons as well.
- Long lists and check box matrices due to the lack of pick lists in the Astral system
- Separate description elements and dice roll elements due to Astral limitations on displaying text stats, Astral action display and name variables having the inability to be hard linked and astral action name/display field’s inability to parse text stats for display in the action bar as they do on the character sheet.
- Inability to adjust ability scores based on race or class and auto fill sheet elements based on said elements without even more significant performance hits or formatting issues.
- Separate ammunition sections to be referenced by missile weapons may be added in the near future, but the functionality as I would desire it is not yet available due to the way Astral parses (or fails to parse) nested stats for display on the sheet. In the interim you must use a separate weapon slot for each different ammunition.
- Except for to hit rolls in combat (and to some extent surprise rolls), rolls are not evaluated against the target number for success. This is due to the fact that Astral currently doesn’t display the results of failed die rolls. Play testing showed users preferred to see the results of their roll and compare to the target rather than see a “0” success and not see the result of their rolls. This will be changed in the future if Astral makes available the ability to show die roll results on failures.
- Layout changes have already been suggested for better flow, but these will be tabled until multi-select and move is an available option for character sheet building. Unless someone wants to volunteer there are simply too many elements to move around.