Is there a way to edit a currently available template. For example, Vampire the Masquerade has a template. I would like to create one for Werewolf the Apocalypse. Since it is the same system, can I edit the Vampire one, instead of starting from scratch?
First off, I’d advise you to check out this thread (and perhaps PM @LaMorte to see if you can avoid some work):
Now, if you’re still doing this all by yourself, here’s roughly what you’d have to do:
- Create a V:TM character and change the system to W:TA (from the Build Character, there’s a dropdown at the top, just below the character name & healthbar).
- Go to “Pages”, hover on the first page and select “Replace”; this will prompt for a PDF upload. Note that the background will be replaced, but all the stats will be held in place (if the new PDF has more pages, they will be appended).
- Painstakingly move all dots (stats) and text labels.
- Remove unneeded stuff (blood pool?) and add missing stuff (rage?).
- Finishing touches & save to your vault.
Now, while the result is not quite a “template” but a “character”, you can still import it multiple times into a game as if it were a proper template.
Hope this helps.
Also remember that the Vampire sheet uses the V5 rules.