Do my players need a Pro account to use Video/Audio?

A bit of a silly question, but do my players need to pay for a Pro account to be able to use their webcams and mic in my sessions or do I, the DM, simply have to have a Pro account?

I don’t think it’s silly at all. I almost posted this exact same question. The answer should be made clear in the pricing page.

If the answer is that every player needs to have a Pro account to use their webcam and mic, what happens if a group has some Pro and some Free players?

I’ll test it out myself once my primary account runs out the free Pro subscription in a couple of days and get back to you with my findings. :thinking:

How did it turn out?

I can confirm that only the DM needs to have a Pro account for all players to be able to use Video/Audio.

My main account is currently on basic. I joined a game that I set up under a new account (with the free Pro trial) on my second computer and I was able to turn on my Video/Audio options.

A bit annoying it had to take this long to figure out, are the developers still active in these forums?

Hi @pk303,

Thanks for reaching out! Firstly, my sincere apologies that this had gone unnoticed for so long! This will change moving forward. The Astral Team is most active in Discord, and any requests or reports sent in via the bugs/feedback submission forms on our site generally receive a response within 24 hours. That being said, threads on our forums shouldn’t go unnoticed for months at a time.

I’m pleased to let you know that as of December, Stream Screen is free for all users, regardless of subscription! We are currently working out the kinks, but just one of a great many free features to come! Please reach out to us if you have any further questions!

Best,
James