Complete scripting language information?

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if there was a resource somewhere that was more complete for the ins and outs of the scripting language. I’ve figured out some, and I just came across the fact that the syntax {X ? Y : Z) is apparently “If X then Y else Z” in another thread. But, rather than stumbling around, I was hoping that there was a more complete guide somewhere. There are things that I would love to be able to do, but in order to do them I need more control over the information.

For example, I am working on a 2D20 game where I want to be able to take the result of a roll and say that if that result is less than X that means one thing, if it is between X and Y then that means another thing, if it is between Y and Z that means a third thing, and if it greater than Z that means yet another thing. I’d like to be able to do this complex evaluation, show the results and control the color of the box or the text that is displayed in the chat area to help feed excitement or dread, similar to the way that rolling a regular D20 will use red text for a nat-1 and green text for a nat-20.

Having had a little experience with coding, I’m not above working out the details of how to make it work, but knowing the syntax to do things is a huge piece that makes all the difference in the world. So, if there such a resource? Is this level of in-depth scripting even possible? Or is the scripting language used by Astral too simple for the level of control that I’m trying to do?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Check out the User’s Guide by Flying Mongoose in the Tutorial section of the Forums.

Astral doesn’t have a scripting language as such, but uses a subset of the math.js library, and Markdown for Actions.