Can you download purchased asset packs?

Hi,

I’ve got a question about purchasing an asset pack on the marketplace (for example, Portal Packs - Building Essentials - Cyberpunk Cities by Mythic Portal Games.)

If I were to buy it, would I be able to download a zip file of the unwatermarked assets if I wanted to use them elsewhere, or would I only be able to use them in the Astral map editor?

Thanks for taking the time to answer this,
Blaze

0 Likes

Hi @wertercatt,

Thanks for reaching out! Firstly, my sincere apologies that this had gone unnoticed for so long! This will change moving forward. The Astral Team is most active in Discord, and any requests or reports sent in via the bugs/feedback submission forms on our site generally receive a response within 24 hours. That being said, threads on our forums shouldn’t go unnoticed for months at a time.

To answer your question, currently we don’t offer this option, we have to consider our merchants and their wishes before making decisions like this as well as how we plan to allow things like this moving forward. We will keep you all in the loop if we make this change!

Best,
James

0 Likes

Hi, just want to suggest that you allow asset authors to control whether or not that option is available. As it stands, I’d much rather buy assets on Roll20, since I can download them there. I do most of my mapbuilding in Photoshop, and being able to use what I paid for in multiple places is important to me (and, I presume, to many others). I hope you’ll strongly consider enabling this option in the future.

0 Likes