Can we get a choice to do old-style aura?

The auras used to be circles with definite edges, but last couple of times I played/DMd it’s a fuzzy cloud instead.
Can that be a checkbox option, since I prefer the old way for visual clarity of exactly where is affected?

I also prefer a hard-edged/clearly-defined aura.

4 Likes

Hard edged aura is usually handier than the fuzzy one, would appreciate a toggle or reversion to the old style.

3 Likes

The fuzzy aura is basically useless. Please allow the option for the previous defined edges.

3 Likes

I agree that the new aura is worthless. When can we get the old aura back.

2 Likes

I like the look of the new aura, but I agree that choosing between them would be ideal.

2 Likes

I agree, we use auras to determine such effects like Aura of Vitality and Spirit Guardians in D&D 5e. It is very important to see where those auras end. Please revert the soft gradient change.

1 Like

Just gonna throw in my support for this too, having the auras were so nice but now it basically isn’t even a feature which is really annoying. I use auras multiple times a session so this makes things supper annoying to handle.

2 Likes

We really need the old style of auras back witch clearly defined edge of the aura,

2 Likes

The new aura is worthless. When can we get the old aura back.

1 Like

Hi all :wave:

We hear you, we’re aware the community doesn’t find the new auras to be helpful. In the meantime, please continue to vote/comment on this enhancement until the team can prioritize this change.

Hope to improve this for you soon!

3 Likes

Yes PLEASE. While this may be cool if I needed auras for graphical reasons, it is totally worthless for mechanical ones. Just revert it to the old one while you decide where to put the switch, please…

1 Like

God DAMN i’m new on this platform and this aura is WORTHLESS. If i realized it was this way I wouldn’t come here at all… I’ve already created some maps and npc tho, so please set a well-visible aura. Its a basic tool for virtual tabletops… and since you’re here, make possible for a player to GRAB A TORCH AND MAKE LIGHT.

Definitely need the old auras back. Toggle option is nice, but if we can only have one. Old is better than new

1 Like

I also miss the old auras. My group previously used them all the time for Paladin Aura’s, Spirit Guardians, or even certain monsters that have an AoE ability built into their stat block. Ever since the Aura change, I (the DM) haven’t been able to use the aura’s at all anymore. They don’t properly show how far the range of the aura is, and if you DO turn the intensity up to try and see the end of the circle easier, it washes out all the character tokens on the map because the aura layer is above the tokens for some reason. Please revert it back to the old system. In my opinion it worked better every way functionally. The gradient effect looks nice, but in its current implementation, it is not practically useful in play at all.

4 Likes

Maybe if the aura doesn’t go over the token but below, and instead of a gradient effect is a smooth finish at both edges of it (the token edge and the aura edge), just like light?

Is there any estimated time when we could see the old style auras back? its been a while now…

1 Like

Hi @Sugraf,

Sorry about the delay here. There’s been some high priority issues the team has had to focus on, we hope to get back to this request soon.

In the meantime, please feel free to continue the discussion here. We’ll find a solution that works for everyone as soon as we can pivot in priorities.

Hi, i have trouble using the current Aura system as well, but i made a PNG with some radius options on it. The Size is not perfect but it might help. I have uploaded a psd file to my google drive, if u like to edit it yourself
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IE3BoWHQZgKYMMx6MGyhmKN1FNqkJCdF?usp=sharing

Note: The range is calculated for an npc/pc standing in the middle (like an Aura) otherwise add 5feet to every step and it should be accurate
Extra Note: I rule it every Square which is at least 50% covered by the circle its affected (its inspired by a optional rule for diagonal movement in dnd5e)

Edit: I edited it again, like i said the psd file is on the drive

Now all you need is a hex one…

Hex…