Asset management improvement request

I love that I can import assets that I bought elsewhere into Astral. I don’t love how difficult it is to manage those assets once they have been imported. Right now if I want to move some assets around, I have to do it one. asset. at. a. time. This is very tedious and gets frustrating. It would be nice to be able to select multiple assets at a time and mass move/delete/tag/whatever.

If you have no assets selected, zoom all the way out, you should be able to click and drag to select multiple at once.

@TarsTarkus
You mean organizing uploaded assets between folders from My Assets section of the Vault?
Just want to make sure I understand the request, thanks much!

1 Like

This is a big item for me, too. This is my top request as a GM, making Vault management better. I did a big upload of tokens, but managing them is BRUTAL. I tried to delete the folders they were in, and it just dumped the assets back to the root level, and I have to delete them individually and re-upload tokens into the groups I want them in, which kills hours of time and enjoyment.

4 Likes

Honest question: how do I delete assets in the root folder of imports? Before I realized I could make folders (and subfolders) I imported some ‘test items’ and they’re all just stuck in the root directory.

Hopefully it’s some obvious thing I just missed.

Hi @Rockjaw,

Click on the asset in the imports folder, and a big window pops up. Click the “delete” option, and it should remove it from your vault for you.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!! I think I was trying to figure out how to delete in the Map Editor (because I imported them there… I think). Small UX note for you. :slight_smile:

Ah yes. All asset management happens from the Vault. In-game and in the map editor, the sidebar is more a shortcut window to your vault and can’t handle customization or management options.

Would you like to officially request that the Vault Sidebar in-game and in editor also have options for asset management in conjunction with the above management improvements?

I think it’d be nice - either that or perhaps add some sort of shortcut/reminder to tell people in Map Editor that they have more options in the Vault?

1 Like

Yes, the lack of asset management options is a huge problem for on the fly GMing! To be truly competitive, and functional, for campaigns (rather than one-off adventure sessions) this is an enormous inconvenience that will significantly slow game progress.

2 Likes

Also, marketplace items that are included with Pro subscriptions should be flagged as such.

1 Like

Getting some love in managing Assets would be fantastic. Moving around, Multiple select, Tagging would all be a fantastic first step!

1 Like

Hi @Aestolia

You can tag Assets. Click on the Asset, then type and / or select an option in the Tag box.

I’m pretty fastidious about naming my tokens (“PC - Bob”, “NPC - Alice”, “Monster - Cthulhu”) so even just being able to alphabetize my folders would be A+.

3 Likes

“just being able to alphabetize” <- THIS. As I have been uploading more items, it has frustrated me to no end that the assets seem to be in no particular order. Place 40 assets in a folder, then try to find the right one and there is no knowing if it’s close to the top or bottom of the list.

3 Likes

“just being able to alphabetize” <- Would like to second this.

So did not know that this was out there…I posted a duplicate and management flagged mine, which they should have. Now, to be clear, here is what I see is missing in asset/vault management:

• the ability to right click or click on a button on the asset/in the vault that allows deletion of said character or map…without having to open character or map up
  • the ability to drag a map or character to group them the way we want…also, the ability to alphabetize them
  • the ability to simply drag and drop imported/uploaded content into the various vault sections (characters, maps, etc)

Those are the big 3 that drive me nuts. Basically, the vault and all that is in it should have functionality similar to a Windows Explorer window.

1 Like

Hi @RicktheDM

Just to straighten things, I’m just a mod, not staff. Glad you got your post in.

Also moving folders, not only assets themselves.