Animated Dice Rolls

+1. Really hopes that the 3d dices come soon, It’s a bit sad to just have random numbers in the chat, kinda lose some emotion haha

4 Likes

+1. I agree with that option. Astral and all players need 3d dice. Thx.

4 Likes

I really, really, really want to say to everyone that Astral is perfect ultimate VTT for every player ever, so please can we get those 3d dice? And Fudge dice too, I don’t know why no VTT has 3d Fudge dice!

4 Likes

It’s can change immersion and could be great. Astral can Win some points with RPG communit.

4 Likes

Best way to get this is by encouraging your friends to come and vote for this feature. Its been almost a year since this request was first submitted but other petitions keep getting higher votes.

3 Likes

For a while now I’ve wondered if it was possible to contact the makes of this: https://7pixels.fr/help/dice the best 3D dice roller I’ve ever seen, and oprt it into Astral?

Save you the trouble of coding it from scratch.

3 Likes

As a refugee from Roll20 after streaming a 3-year actual play campaign, I desperately want this feature! Animated dice do so much for the immersion of everyone in my group and make it feel all the more like we’re around a table together. Right now, as I’m searching for a new VTT, the absence of dice visuals is the only thing giving me pause from streaming all my games in Astral from here on.

6 Likes

As a fellow R20 refugee, Astral is everything I want in a free VTT. Excepting only the lack of visual dice rolls!

I once heard an eloquent bugbear say, “The players show up to kill monsters and roll dice.” We have one half of that down fine. But we are desperately asking for the other half!

5 Likes

This is the one feature which means I am not going to choose Astral.

Move minis and rolling dice is what a VTT is for - Astral is great except it’s 50% not there.

Notification this is going to be a thing will pull me back, but in the meantime if a competitor fulfills this (not R20) then I’ll be going there.

4 Likes

I hope we get to see this feature soon, it seems to be one of the highest voted features at the moment so I hope the Astral team sees that! I’ve convinced my whole party to upvote this because we would really love to see this implemented :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really liked the Astral… is so good, but it really needs 3D dice rolls, it’s like a no brainer next feature.

1 Like

It would still require heavy coding from the devs to integrate it properly with all the functions in Astral.

yeahhhhh, I want it too!!

3 Likes

This really is a must! You want to attract players to you platform, you need 3D dice. Most tabletop players don’t want to type their die rolls.

2 Likes

Hi @CreativeOctopus

Remember that you won’t actually be “throwing” the 3D dice. They just show on the screen when a roll is made in Chat. When implemented here it will work the same way as on R :sneezing_face: 0.

Also, using Astral’s character sheet system, and for specific rolls, the Action Bar, players should very rarely need to type their die rolls.

1 Like

Yes, any type of dice representation on the screen would give everyone “the rush”, would be good if the dice result on the chat menu would update once the dice stops for a few seconds (maybe Dice options for GMs?). Also, there is also a good way to reward the community/make some microtransactions as I would gladly snatch some digital dices for my GMing, and people I play, might not all, but some passioned arcane wizard looking dices! I am really looking forward to this update!

I recently completed a full campaign, and Astral is amazing in every way! I was looking for a good VTT, and was happy to find Astral, it’s just amazing. For me, visual dice and easier character creation would tick all the boxes.

3 Likes

Same here. I am surprised that this feature request has been up for over a year now with 200+ votes, and there isn’t the slightest mention of this being worked on. :cry:

2 Likes

Yes please. Animated dice would be great in any form or representation.

3 Likes

Yes, please, 3d Roll dice would make the plateforme perfect.

1 Like

Voting for a 3D dice roller as well

1 Like